2/23/12

I don't know how she does it, but my sister is one of the best gift-givers on the planet! She is very thoughtful and creative, a winning combination in the "finding the perfect gift" department.

She sent the kids a sand dollar along with this story. Of course they loved it, sand dollars aren't something you find laying around our part of the country!

Another time she sent them orange blossoms from her tree. They were beautiful little white flowers that smelled fantastic. After we opened the box our house smelled great all afternoon. And then later in the year, she sent us an orange to eat from the same tree and told us all about the variety of orange and why it was her favorite! I mean, really, who thinks of this stuff? Only people like her, who are thoughtful and generous and kind.

It is hard to be so far away from my family. These things she does to connect with my kids mean a great deal to me. I guess the real gift is having her for a sister, even if we are far apart.

No comments: