4/25/09

Prayer for myself

This is from a book called "Parenting Is Heart Work" by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN.

Lord, I pray the same prayer David  prayed in Psalm 139:23: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."  Please point out areas in my heart that are getting in the way of my effectiveness with my family.  I want to serve You here at home, and I ask You to prepare me every day for the difficult work of parenting.  I also ask you to make me sensitive to my children's heart needs.  Help me to see past the mundane tasks fo the day to the deeper issues in their lives.  Please use me as an instrument in the work You are doing in their hearts.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

wow! this has been my prayer lately, too. I want to be connected to my children in such a way that I truly understand them. I took Caleb to paint at Polka Dot Pottery yesterday, because I felt he needed a little more mommy time. God is so good to nudge us mommies when our kids need us!