2/7/09

Prayers for my family

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.


1Ti 2:9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,


2Ti 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.


2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,
2Pe 1:6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,
2Pe 1:7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

We are having struggle right now with a particular little one and self-control. If you know us, you know which one! Self-control is the foundation for being able to do the right thing even when the wrong things are so appealing. While this is very concerning to me, by praying scripture I know that I am praying God's will, and when you pray in God's will you can rest assured that he will answer. So here is to being patient and watching God work!

Lord Jesus you personified self-control when you walked this Earth! I praise you for your perfect life and I thank you for your example, and for the salvation you give us because of that life. Father please, instill in me the self-control necessary to train and encourage and discipline my children in this area. And for my precious baby that struggles, Lord help us conquer this early in her life so that she doesn't have to deal with it always. In Jesus perfect name, Amen.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Lately, I've been praying this one for myself. :( I haven't been very patient with my kids.

When you get a chance, would you please email me your new address? My boys want to send your kids valentines. Thanks!